Pages

The Heart of the Problem



Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about posting about the issues of the heart. As human beings, we tend to have heart issues.... Not only in the Natural (Heart Attacks, Coronary Diseases and other Heart Issues.) but, also in the supernatural. (Like giving heart away too easily, or not trusting people because you were burned once.)

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." Ezekiel 36:26-27

We aren't born with a heart issue. But, we all make choices in life that can cause us to develop a heart issue. Like when someone eats the wrong foods and doesn't exercise they are bound to have heart issues.

One day i was just relaxing and talking to God when, I saw this picture in my head.

God took my heart out of my chest and threw it over his shoulder. My first thought was, "What? that was not nice." but, before my thought had even finished, He reached into his chest and grabbed His heart and placed it in my chest. And I Thought, "Wow, that was powerful..." I have a way of even interrupting God, too. I was thinking man, that isn't from God, but then i was surprised! So, I could say that one of my heart issues is also interrupting people and not listening. Heart issues have a way of mis-leading us from what God has for us.

"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." Matthew 13: 18-23 (emphasis was added)

So, let me ask... What are your heart issues? Do you need to cut back on certain things that feed your heart issues? Do you need to start running to strengthen your heart?

I know what mine are.

• Facebook can distract me from life
• I tend to give my heart away to fast and i have found that i need to guard it better.
• "Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23
• "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
• Interrupting
• Not listening, as good as i should.
• "He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:9 (Jesus says this a lot, guess he meant something by it! :)

This February be look at the real problem, look inside to your heart and you will find it.


Love, Devin



1 Response
  1. ABCreations Says:

    Enjoyed your blog, Devin!

Post a Comment