Pages

Life is soooo SHORT!



Hello Everyone!

"Stop trusting in man,who has but a breath in his nostrils.Of what account is he?" Isaiah 2:22

"And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else." Acts 17:25

So, it's amazing how short life is. I was in Jamaica over spring break! IT was amazing! God taught me a lot of stuff though... stuff that should never be overlooked!

"and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15

I learned to Scuba Dive and it was an amazing experience! Although one day we did 3 dives and I was getting rather fatigued i believe. We were on our last dive and it was 55feet deep in the Caribbean. I removed my mask and breathed water in through my nose (which, is a major NO-NO!) but, I did and it was scary! I felt like i was drowning. I couldn't get air. I don't know if you have ever experienced the feeling of trying to bring in air but instead you meet the sting of salt water. Plus, the feeling of no air. Suffocation. I was blown away by the fact of how much we need air... but also the fact of how much we need Jesus because even when air is limited or not there-- Jesus is. He is always there.


"Reach down your hand from on high;
deliver me and rescue me
from the mighty waters,
from the hands of foreigners" Psalm 144:7

All I remember about the whole experience that happened under water during that moment was "Oh, my gosh I am drowning." and then a while later I felt like i fell asleep and i do remember saying over and over again, "Jesus, help me! Help me Jesus!" and then I saw light. Which then I thought... man! I am dying! The relaxation came over me though to the point that i didn't care because of the bright light. All of a sudden i heard something that must have waken me up or felt something that awoke me. I soon realized that I was floating on top of the waves. my instructor was there patting me saying, "Keep your eyes open!" and a bunch of water and air came out of my stomach. I was floating there and saw the boat while I was thinking, man I want out of the water and onto that boat.

It was crazy because after i thought more and more about it i was amazed. I hadn't told anyone about the feeling like I was sleeping or the whole light that i saw. But, I can now say that I am not afraid to die. I came close, but Jesus saved me! :)
So even when air is not present for you to breath, Jesus was there. And he allowed me to be alright! :)

You guys, I am so thankful that He was there for me and that he had allowed me to have a good instructor because it would have been soooo easy for something to go wrong with my whole drowning incident. With the pressure bar/atmosphere of 55feet and the fact i breathed in water-- a few things could have happened.

I am just amazed that it felt like I fell asleep! Peaceful like... after I couldn't breath. I Kept saying over and over Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!

"Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[d] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Philippians 1:18-26

So, I pray that this finds you all well! :) and that Jesus BLESSES you all! :)
He has a plan for your lives so ask him about it and he will show you! :) I really thought about these verses and thought what if I hadn't known Jesus and had died? Would have I felt peace? Would i have seen light? Would I have lived?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11-12

So other than that God also taught me something through what the Jamaicans said! They would say,"No Problem, Mon!" or "No Worries, Mon!"
I always had issues with anxiety or worry and through this whole Jamaican Experience He showed me that i shouldn't worry. Why should a person worry when the next moment their life could be taken a way soo FAST! "Don't worry! Be Happy, Mon!"

Even after experiencing a drowning feeling... I went back out and went down under water again... sure I was scared... haha! Ask my Mom or Dad! :) But, I conquered that fear and just relaxed.

So these things are the top things!

1. Don't take life for-granted. It could be taken away so fast!
2. Make sure you are right with God, plus- when you are right with Him... he will teach ya things you never thought you would ever know!
3. No Problems, No Worries... Mon! Don't worry... Be Happy, Mon!
4. Don't let fear stop you from having an adventure!

Love ya all!

Devin Berglund!!<><
0 Responses

Post a Comment