Pages

New Layout!!

YAY!! So, I finally got a new layout on here! I am soo excited about it too! It's Australia! :P I would like to thank Steph, one of my friends who told me about the layouts!!! :)

I haven't posted for a few days! So, I have been pretty busy! My room at home is officially packed full of boxes... I still have more stuff at my apartment to move out. The countdown now begins-- I have 5 days till I move out (tomorrow will be 4 to go!) Crazy. After staying some place for a while, you get used to it! I get into my little comfort zone and it's like living in a little pink bubble where everything is cozy and fine... but, then God interrupts the little bubble saying stuff like, "Devin, I have an adventure for you." makes me think, really? Me??
And of course, God's answer was like, "ah, yeah!"
"but, Lord... I am all comfy and i know everyone here, I am close to my friends and family!"

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.' "-Mark 8:34

It makes me laugh with how much we get set in our little bubble of comfort!
The only way to grow is to get out of one's comfort zone, even though it may not be comfy-- at least at first.

Packing up these boxes and moving them home has made me think about all this. Last time my room at home was full of boxes was when i was off to MSUM for my first college experience--dorm life. And let's just say that that was a big move for me. Even though my family only lives an hour from Fargo. So, now there is a new experience in front of me. One that I am extremely excited about but also sort of nervous-- mainly about what i will find when i step off that airplane on the other side of the world. I know it will be good.

As my pastor from Assembly told me, "Devin, when you think you will be nervous, just say 'I am excited', God is going to grow you from this, He will lead you to other believers. There is also a very strong church community there. God will be with you each step of the way."

I totally agree with Pastor Bob and I know God will be there each step of the way: For one, He has been there each step of the way for as long as i can remember. And since He said, "Go" I shall! :)

Other than packing, I have also been crazily working on "New Branch of the Journey" which is a literary/arts magazine I am publishing for a class I am in. Totally excited to see how it turns out!! :D

What is your comfort bubble like? Is there something that God wants you to break out of your comfort zone for?
0 Responses

Post a Comment